Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinkish Traveller

*still in the mood of playing with the new editing feature on Photobucket*

Even though my master dissertation is still far away from finished, the feeling of "Yay I finally coming back home" is already very strong. Thus, a new passport case was made.

I'm not really sure whether both premises are related, but the point is, I made a passport case! A new pink passport case from fabrics that I found at op-shops and Lincraft. I like this flower fabric because of the brand marking in near the selvage, which shows that this fabric is a vintage fabric (when I googled, the company doesn't produce screen print fabric any more. It's a Japanese company named unitika). Unfortunately, I did some mistake with the sewing: I positioned the inside pocket little bit slanted to one side T__T But it already happened. At least I made this for myself, so I just going to pretend everything's alright :)


So here it is, the heavily edited photos of my new passport case.


ps: as I mentioned before, I'm playing with the new feature on Photobucket, that's why you'll see different editing on the pictures


Materials:
1. Vintage flower fabric (you can see from the writing in the cover, it's directly from the fabric itself).
2. Solid colour fabric
3. Coordinated colour fabrics (green pattern and pink dots, both bought at Lincraft)
4. Velcro
5. Heavy weight interfacing
6. Feltcloth (to make the case fluffier)
7. Zipper (a pink one!)






4 comments:

  1. I love this!!
    It is beautiful very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for visiting my blog :) Glad to know that you like this passport case.

      Delete
  2. I like this. Did you use an existing passport case as a template, or did you freehand it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I freehand it. I took the measurement of my passport, cards, and made the design.

      Delete